RE: st: Stata/MP for parallel processing

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata/MP for parallel processing
Date   Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:41:38 -0600

"There is another type of parallel processing that involves using multiple
computers over a network.  This is known as cluster computing or distributed
computing.  Such methods require problems that admit large-grain
parallelization.  Although such methods can be of interest in the
computation of statistical results, Stata/MP does not address such parallel
architectures."  Page 4, "Stata/MP Performance Report"
http://www.stata.com/statamp/report.pdf

Scott