st: Finding missing distribution tail and description of the histogram fitted normal curve

From   Fotios Drenos <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Finding missing distribution tail and description of the histogram fitted normal curve
Date   Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:06:34 +0100

Dear All, Can anyone help with that?

I have a series of observations that produce a positively skewed distribution. There is reason to believe that the distribution is normal but the points describing the left tail are missing. Using a histogram and a normal curve on that seems to be able to give an approximate solution but I can't find a way to obtain the mean and standard deviation of this fitted distribution. Does anyone know how to obtain those through Stata? A further complication is that the observations are frequency weighed and they are very few, below 10 observations in total. Any other ideas of how I can find what the expected points in the left tail will be?

Wishes
Fotios

*
* For searches and help try: