Re: st: legend on graph help

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: legend on graph help
Date   Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:05:30 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Svend Juul <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:47 am
Subject: Re: st: legend on graph help
To: [email protected]

> Stata graph commands can be complex; I think it is helpful to keep
the
> terminology straight:
>
> -line- is not a command; it is a plot specification as part of a
> -twoway- graph command.
>
> The legend() option is an option to the graph command, not to a plot
> specifation. So it should not be "attached to one of the -line-
> commands".

Svend,

Thank you for the clarification.

Looking back at the -help twoway_options- this is made clear in the
remarks.

"...the by() option applies to the entire graph and in theory you
should type

        . twoway lfitci  mpg weight, stdf  ||
                 scatter mpg weight, ms(O) ||, by(foreign, total row
(1))

    or

        . twoway (lfitci  mpg weight, stdf)
                 (scatter mpg weight, ms(O)), by(foreign, total row(1))

to demonstrate your understanding of that fact."

Thanks again,
Scott