st: RE: forvalues gives "numlist has too many elements" error

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: forvalues gives "numlist has too many elements" error
Date   Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:45:08 -0000

I can't reproduce this as a problem with -forval-.

Much of the point of -forval- is that it doesn't
construct a numlist. (By the way, it will not accept
numlists in general.) If it did, there would be
no rationale for it as a separate command. Rather,
it constructs its counter on the fly, so enabling
speed and storage gains over the equivalent -foreach-.

On a separate detail, using -nullmat()- would enable
you to remove the -if/else- branch.

How are you assigning to local macro 1?

Pablo Mitnik