Re: st: How to keep a command running after a R(2000) error (No Observations)

Subject   Re: st: How to keep a command running after a R(2000) error (No Observations)
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:44:31 -0500

There are a few ways to make the loop keep going even when there are
errors in some command for some values.  One is to prepend a
potentially error-generating command with -cap noi- (see -help
capture- and -help noisily-).  Another is to check (within the loop)
to see if you need to execute for each value, e.g.

forvalues c=3/12 {
   cap su pctlap`c', meanonly
 if _rc==0 {
   display " "
   display " "
   display "Percent Prof/Adv, Language Arts, Grade `a'"
   display "School-Level Minimum, Maximum, Mean, & Median"
   tabstat  pctlap`c', by( stfips) statistics(count min max /*
      mean median) casewise format nototal
 }
}

Another solution is to specify only the numbers you want in the first place:

numlist "3/8 10/12"
foreach c in `=r(numlist)'  {