st: Re: tscollap

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   "mmoore" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: tscollap
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:48:33 -0500

Dear Michael

tscollap is not really well suited to this, but there is an easy way to do it.

egen quinquen=fill(1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2)
collapse (variables/statistics of interest), by(quinquen)

Cheers
Kit

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

On Feb 10, 2006, at 6:22 AM, mmoore wrote:

Hi, Chris,

I’m using a cross country panel data set for a pension/life expectancy study. Stata has the procedures that I need. However, I have annual data which I want to convert to five yearly data. Is there any way, tscollap could be adapted to assist me?

Michael

Michael Moore

Professor of Finance

School of Management and Economics