RE: st: RE: ouput tables using command 'display'

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: ouput tables using command 'display'
Date   Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:04:01 -0000

My point is that I don't think you need to
write a program at all. This should yield
to an existing command. Much of the terrain
is surveyed in

SJ-3-4  pr0011  . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Problems with tables, Part II
        Q4/03   SJ 3(4):420--439
        reviews three user-written commands (tabcount, makematrix,
        and groups) as different approaches to tabulation problems

SJ-3-3  pr0010  . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata:  Problems with tables, Part I
        Q3/03   SJ 3(3):309--324
        presents ways of preparing material for tabulation

Hui Wang/Jackie

> Hi, Nick,
>
> Can you recommand any other commands which can help me to
> write the program
> more efficiently?

Nick Cox

> >You can nest -forval- loops. But your example
> >shows that you know that already, so I
> >can't see what's behind this post.
> >
> >However, a larger question is why you are
> >doing it this way. Your table problem
> >does not look very unusual.

Hui Wang