Re: st: sort a list

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sort a list
Date   Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:54:14 -0000 (GMT)

Tom Trikalinos wrote:

> sort colour id
> by colour:  list id names age

Lia Orfei replied:

> yes I tried this first thing but it didnt work.
> Thanks anyway, any other ideas?

Goodness me: I think I must have lost count of the number of times I've
seen this response to a suggested solution on Statalist and the number of
times Nick Cox has had to come out to say that such a terse response helps
_nobody_!

You really do need to have a close look at the Statalist FAQ (see below)
to understand why this is, so please do!

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.