re: st: A Stata Wiki???

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: A Stata Wiki???
Date   Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:32:39 -0600

.

A Stata Wiki site seems like a good idea.

The Vanderbilt University Biostatistics Department is a twiki site:

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view

Granted, you have to register and log on to make changes, but I think it is better than most departmental sites.

I have also seen collaborative research projects set up internal twiki sites for grant application and grant excecution.

I can see three flavors of a Stata wiki site:

(1) Convert all UCLS ATS pages to twiki pages, with restricted access to those pages already present by UCLA ATS faculty but then linked to pages open to the public for comments or anything on topic.

(2) A Stata Corp twiki site open to registered users of Stata (serial number being your password).

(3) A completely independent and open site having nothing to do with (1) and (2).

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/