st: Postestimation Tobit graphing

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Postestimation Tobit graphing
Date   Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:11:11 -0500

I am posting this for Bart Vanneste who is having problems posting.

Please, before attempting to post go to

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html

and read the help/rules/hints etc.... Please pay special attention
to Section 2.2; this seems to be the reason why most people who
have a problem posting can't get through.

Typically, your posting should appear not immediately, but within
a few minutes of posting. So don't wait hours or days before
figuring out that something is wrong.

m.p.

How can I graphically show the relationship between one independent variable and the dependent variable, estimated with a Tobit model?

Since this relationship depends on the values of the other independent variables, I need to fix them at some value (e.g. their mean).

I am thinking of 2 possible solutions:
1) There is some graph option that would allow me to this directly (this would be most convenient!).
2) I could use predict for some hypothetical (i.e. chosen) observations in which the independent variable of interest varies across the entire range, while the other independent variables remain fixed. Then I could plot these expected values against the independent variable. Unfortunately, I don’t know a straightforward way to predict hypothetical observations.

Many thanks,
Bart
*
* For searches and help try: