st: Print ready tables in Stata v8.0

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Print ready tables in Stata v8.0
Date   Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:32:22 -0600

Dear Group,

As a new user to Stata v8.0, I am struggling to find instructions regarding
the creation of print-ready standardized tables.  As one can write a do file
to create a model graph that is repeated for many variables (presenting many
different variables across as many graphs that all follow the same format or
model), I would like to create a model table that is then populated in a
standardized format with results of similar runs across many variables.

For example, we produce an annual report presenting many health conditions
or health risk behaviors.  We develop a model table and a set of model
graphs and then the results of up to 50 different health topics are
presented in the same format.  Readers quickly develop an understanding of
the tables and charts/graphs and can move from topic to topic quickly.

Currently, we move the Stata results to Excel and create the tables and
charts in Excel.  I would like to take advantage of Stata's improved
graphics capabilities but find it less than advantageous to do so if I still
have to create the associated tables in Excel.

Thanks for any suggestions/guidance,

Wayne