Re: st: Print ready tables in Stata v8.0

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Print ready tables in Stata v8.0
Date   Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:46:25 -0000 (GMT)

Wayne Garifuna wrote:

> As a new user to Stata v8.0, I am struggling to find instructions
> regarding the creation of print-ready standardized tables.  As one can
> write a do file to create a model graph that is repeated for many
> variables (presenting many different variables across as many graphs
> that all follow the same format or model), I would like to create a
> model table that is then populated in a standardized format with results
> of similar runs across many variables.

[...]

> Currently, we move the Stata results to Excel and create the tables and
> charts in Excel.  I would like to take advantage of Stata's improved
> graphics capabilities but find it less than advantageous to do so if I
> still have to create the associated tables in Excel.

Take a look at Iain Watson's user-written -tabout- package (and the
associated .pdf) via

. findit tabout

and see if that suits your requirements. I've not yet had the chance to do
this yet, but it produces some rather nice tables in LaTeX (of which, the
.pdf shows examples).

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.