Re: st: RE: Marginal effects after ivprobit

From   Tinna <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Marginal effects after ivprobit
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:49:30 -0400

According to this website
http://www.timberlake.co.uk/stata/software/newin9_morestats.html
getting the mfx should be possible (when using MLE, which is the
default anyway).  The website sais specifically:

"New estimation command ivprobit fits probit regression models of
binary outcomes with endogenous regressors. Estimation can be
performed by maximum likelihood estimation (MLE) or by Newey's minimum
chi-squared two-step estimation, but note that some postestimation
facilities, such as computing marginal effects with mfx, are available
only after ML estimation — the two-step estimator imposes a
transformation that invalidates many postestimation results."

Tinna