st: Hausman test and probit estimations

From   Tinna <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Hausman test and probit estimations
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:27:20 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

Can I use the hausman specification test to compare probit and ivprobit?
I keep getting the following error message:

"no coefficients in common; specify equations(matchlist)
for problems with different equation names."

I don't understand why. Am I doing something wrong?

My commands follow if anyone has the time to look at them
Thanks Tinna

.quietly ivprobit employment age agesq edu2 edu3 edu4 edu5 edu6
marriage2 marriage3 marriage4 children (OVERWbmi = diet2 diet3) if
male==1

. est store consistent

. quietly probit employment age agesq edu2 edu3 edu4 edu5 edu6
marriage2 marriage3 marriage4 children OVERWbmi if male==1

. hausman consistent .

no coefficients in common; specify equations(matchlist)
for problems with different equation names.
r(498);