Re: st: ROC curve analysis

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ROC curve analysis
Date   Fri, 27 May 2005 16:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Heather,

What do you mean by optimal when using a ROC curve?
Rarely the highest sensitivity and highest specificity
occur at the same point, and in some cases the highest
sensitivity may occur at a point where the specificity
is very low. So even if you can display all the
possible cut point, you would still need to decide if
you rather have higher sensitivity or specificity.

That said, you can use the option �detail- option to
display the cut points.

Regards,
Ricardo.

--- Heather Gold <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear List Members-
>
> I've run some -roctab- commands to estimate the area
> under the ROC curve,
> and I've also graphed the curves. I'm wondering if
> there's a way in Stata
> to find the optimal cutpoint on the ROC curve. I can
> visualize it to some
> degree, but is there a way to find the highest point
> on the curve, a way
> that's already programmed in Stata? I haven't found
> anything in the archives...
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Heather

> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html