Re: st: HELP on xtabond2

From   Luck Double <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: HELP on xtabond2
Date   Wed, 25 May 2005 13:39:51 -0500

Hello, Dahlia,

I'm only a student so I can not say that the practice of using one of
those variables as instrument is econometrically right or wrong, but
this is something you can at least try because the Hansen test
suggests such instruments work whereas previously the instruments are
invalid. However, if you get different results by using different
variables while the Hansen tests suggest all are correct, then you
should be careful in choosing the "right" results. I don't know if
this is called "data snooping" but I'm puzzled how to choose in such
cases. If you find out, please let me know. Thanks.

Regarding your second question, you can specify gmm(cashflow, lag(2
2)) or gmm(cashflow, lag(1 1)) to use only t-2 or t-1 instruments.

Good luck,

Jack