Re: st: [Stata 9] xtlogit

From   [email protected] (Jean Marie Linhart, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: [Stata 9] xtlogit
Date   Mon, 02 May 2005 11:45:08 -0500

"Bryan W. Griffin" <[email protected]> asked:

> Thanks for the reply. I have a number of data sets that require more
> than 30 points to obtain estimates that seem to converge using
> gllamm with the adapt option, so I'm a bit concerned with the 30
> limit. Do you know if xtlogit does a better job of producing
> estimates than gllamm with fewer quadrature points specified? If
> not, hopefully the 30 limited will be bumped up quite a bit sometime
> in the future.

I am interested in seeing some of your data, if you wouldn't
mind sending it to me privately, and if it is not confidential.
I'd also like to know in the exact commands you used with xtlogit
and gllamm so that I know I am running the same models that you are.

I'll be keeping your correspondence on the number of quadrature
points in mind.

Thanks,

--Jean Marie