Re: st: Maximum iterations exceeded with predictnl

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Maximum iterations exceeded with predictnl
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:53:18 -0500

<[email protected]> writes:

> Thanks very much for your help. The mlogpred command works quite nicely. Is
> there a similar command which follows logit? I am assuming that predictnl
> works after logit, although I can imagine running into similar iteration
> problems.

I don't know of an equivalent program for -logit-, however, you are unlikely
to get convergence problems using -predictnl- after -logit-, since the
calculation for predicted probabilities after -logit- is fairly sturdy.  If
you do run into problems, I'd be most interested to have a look at your data
and model.

On another note, you can use -mlogit- to fit a -logit- model, e.g. with the
auto dataset

    . mlogit foreign turn displacement, base(0)

vs.

    . logit foreign turn displacement

and thus still use -mlogpred-.  Yeah, using -mlogit- for -logit- is overdoing
it a bit, but it works.

--Bobby