Re: st: Weird ylabel justification on Stata for the Mac

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weird ylabel justification on Stata for the Mac
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:28:18 +0200

We checked the file sent to us by Erick Wruck. This files does not show up the
problem, albeit the are also made on a Mac. However I think Wruck uses
Intercooled Stata and Stiehler uses Stata/SE.
In addition Wruck uses an IBook and Stiehler a PowerPC G4  (2.1) with MacOS X
10.3.4 (Panther).

uli

Tom Trikalinos wrote:
> I can replicate the problem in my powerbook. Persists with all Fonts
> I've tried.
>
> Workaround: From Prefs menu -> Graph preferences ... -> Select graphics
> engine QuickDraw instead of Quartz 2D.
>
> Seems to be Mac specific
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> On Sep 20, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Eric G. Wruck wrote:
> > Ulrich Kohler wrote:
> >> . sysuse auto
> >> . sc rep78 trunk,
> >> ylabel(5 "Das und das und so" 4 "shorter" 3 "etc" , angle(horizontal))
> >>
> >> In Stata for the Mac the long label for the value 5 is not justified
> >> at the
> >> same position than the other labels. Instead this label ends somewhat
> >> more
> >> left than the other labels.
> >
> > I ran the code on my iBook & the justification difference is slight at
> > most.  I pasted the graph into Word & will send that to Andreas & Uli
> > privately to see if it looks like what they are seeing on their
> > machines.  I gather that attachments are verboten here on the
> > Statalist.
> >
> > Later,
> >
> > Eric
> >

> > --