st: Weird ylabel justification on Stata for the Mac

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Weird ylabel justification on Stata for the Mac
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:28:01 +0200

hi all,

in a private exchange, Andreas Stiehler <[email protected]> and I dedected a
problem with ylabel justifications in Stata for the Mac. Basically, what we
did was

. sysuse auto
. sc rep78 trunk,
ylabel(5 "Das und das und so" 4 "shorter" 3 "etc" , angle(horizontal))

In Stata for the Mac the long label for the value 5 is not justified at the
same position than the other labels. Instead this label ends somewhat more
left than the other labels.

The command works as expected in Stata for Linux.

Can someone please confirm this behavior for the Mac? If confirmed, I would
consider this as a bug. Or is there any workaround/explanation for this?

many regards
uli

+49 (030) 25491-361