RE: st: Kaplan Meier

From   "James Harris" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Kaplan Meier
Date   Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:27:51 +1000

I recently had much the same problem. It turned out to be due to only one or two records that had inappropriate dates on them. Have you checked that all dates in your dataset are within the expected range?

 - James

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:52:27 -0400
From: "Butt, Adeel" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Kaplan Meier
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C48D1F.65EA23C4
I am a new statalist user. I had a much simpler question:
I am working on a Cox model. I stset the dataset appropriately for failure
(death) and the model ran okay, as expected. The follow-up time in the
dataset is about 12 years. However, when I ran the Kaplan-Meier survival
curves, the x-axis shows a follow-up period of almost 40 years. I entered
the entry time, origin time, but neither fix the problem.
Any suggestions.
Adeel A. Butt
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Infectious Diseases
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

James Harris
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health
Building 62
The Australian National University
CANBERRA ACT 0200 Australia