st: RE: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:28:18 +0100

I see no inconsistency here as far as -duplicates-
is concerned.

-duplicates report- is telling you that, in terms of these
two variables, there are 1322511 observations, each of which is
unique. Thus, none are surplus, in the sense of repeating
information. That is, no duplicates, as -duplicates list- is also
telling you.

I cannot solve the -xtdes- mystery.

Stephen V. Burks