st: RE: RE: RE: RE: version 7 > 8

From   "Patrick Sturgis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: version 7 > 8
Date   Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:37:50 -0000

I promise to keep it quiet. Problem(s) solved, many thanks,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 05 December 2003 16:47
To: statalist
Subject: st: RE: RE: RE: version 7 > 8

Don't mention it in public, but I
did not look at the manual; I relied
on what was left behind after your
call to -alpha-.

If we fix that point and use instead

program avcorwithin, rclass
	version 8.0
	tempname y
	alpha bef*, std
	scalar `y' = r(rho)
	alpha aft*, std
	return scalar diff = r(rho) - `y'
end

and

bootstrap "avcorwithin" r(diff), reps(1000)

then I get no error message. I am using
Stata/SE 8.2 with files up to date as
of 31 Oct 2003 (exe) and 5 Nov 2003 (ado).
I manufactured variables -aft1- -aft2- -bef1-
-bef2-.

Patrick Sturgis

> Stata Reference Manual says that  in r(rho) alpha 'saves the average
> interitem correlation if std is specified'. I think my
> original problem was
> that I hadn't specified std aftter alpha in the ado file.
> However, I still
> get the same error message about versions even when I use
> your suggested
> code. Thanks for your help,

Nick Cox