st: What does contribution to chi-square mean in tabchii

From   "Donald Spady" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: What does contribution to chi-square mean in tabchii
Date   Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:32:02 -0700

Can you please tell me how to interpret the chi-square 'contribution' to
chi-sqare as used in tabchii.  I find it useful in telling me where the
total chi-square is coming from but is there more that one can get out of
it? i.e. say the chi-square (total) is 100 and the contribution of one cell
is 55, another is 35, another 5 and another 5.  Obviously the first cell's
chi square counts a lot but can I say anything else, say in regard to cell
2's chi-square of 35.  Or is it just an interesting way of getting an
insight into the data.

Many thanks

Don Spady