Re: st: Re: clogit or logistic for matched pairs

From   Michael Ingre <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: clogit or logistic for matched pairs
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2003 01:48:13 +0100

Thank You all

gene byte baseline=1
glm dv iv baseline, link(log) family(binomial) cluster(twinpairid) eform noconst
Roger Newson pointed me in the right direction. I think RR is what I want together with the risk for unexposed twins (or baseline). I noticed that RR also can be computed by -mcc- with data in the wide format (CI:s differs slightly though).

. mcc exposure_case exposure_control

And thank you Paul Visintainer and Jay Kaufman for showing me alternative approaches. It appears that the -xtlogit- solution is very close to -logit- except the robust variances. And -xtlogit- will reproduce the results of -clogit- if specified:

xtlogit dv iv ,i(pairid) fe or

Now it's way past bedtime. I will sleep on the matter, and probably dream about ratios and standard errors .

Thank you again.

Michael Ingre

PhD-student
Department of Psychology