Re: st: Re: saveold

From   edoardo masset <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: saveold
Date   Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:24:44 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for this, I'll certainly use this program
(descsave) when trying to transfer from stata 8 to
stata 6. But I am not too happy about the suggestion
of buying Statatransfer in order to transfer data from
stata 8 to stata 7 (actually I have stattransfer, but
this is an old version too, and so only able to
transfer from 7 to 6).

At the end of the day what should I make of a command
called saveold whose description says it saves the
current data into stata 7 format? This seems not to be
working for me. I cannot believe there isnt a quick
solution to this. Either the command or something I am
doing must be wrong. Any help would be really
appreciated.

Edoardo