Re: st: CHAID and/or segmentation

From   "Thomas W BRUNDAGE" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: CHAID and/or segmentation
Date   Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:15:20 -0700

Kirk -

While it is not CHAID, in May of 2002, Wim van Putten of University Hospital Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Department of Statistics presented a paper "Classification and Regression Trees with Stata" to the NL Stata Users Meeting.  He may be able to provide more on how he did the work in Stata; his presentation may be archived at one of the Stata Users Group websites.

thomasb

thomas brundage
statistician
Department of Human  Services
Oregon Public Health
800 NE Oregon Street, #827
Portland OR 97232

phone: 503.731.3448
FAX:    503.872.5398

>>> [email protected] 9/11/2003 11:22:00 AM >>>

Does anyone happen to know how to do AID/CHAID/XAID analyses or anything
similar in Stata 8.0?  So far, the only thing I can find is that SPSS has
this type of analysis, but that's of little use to me.....

Kirk Deming

Marketing Analyst

Sundance Spas, Inc.

13591 Monte Vista Ave.