Re: Re: st: SP/RM[1,2] EMS

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: SP/RM[1,2] EMS
Date   Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:07:28 -0500

Ken, thank you for your comments regarding use of MANOVA. I read some primary literature on the two approaches and decided there were enough pros and cons on both sides. But, given the matsize limits might be sidestepped with MANOVA, I'll go find a book on the topic and see if I can't make better use of Stata's "MANOVA" command. I called SAS sales regarding their limitations. They don't have a matsize limit per se, and in version 9 some of their code is multi-threaded (potentially one could take advantage of the Vanderbilt "VAMPIRE" parallel computing system with this feature), but for PC use, the issue with computational time and memory need (that is their limitation) was not trivial for SAS either. In other words my planned data set would likely choke a 64 bit workstation as well. So it's best I search for alternative analyses and or experimental designs.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/