Re: st: Fonts and graph export

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fonts and graph export
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:11:03 -0500 (CDT)

I am not sure if this is a problem with Stata. I just used the following
command with no problems whatsoever:

graph export avg_wages.ps,  mag(175) orientation(landscape)
fontface("Palatino Linotype") replace logo(off) tmargin(.5) lmargin(.5);

Perhaps using fontface instead of font is the key here.

DVM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Ernest Berkhout wrote:

> At 16:52 20-8-2003, you wrote:
> >I'm trying to specify a font face in a -graph export- command, in which
> >I'm exporting to an encapsulated postscript file. The font I want to use
> >is TrueType (I'm on windows); its name is "Palatino Linotype".  I can't
> >get it to work, no matter what I do with the font() option.
> >
> >When I specify font("Palatino Linotype"), stata creates the .eps file, but
> >then acrobat complains about it.
> >
> >When I print the graph from Stata directly to Acrobat Distiller, things
> >work perfectly--I get a pdf file with the right font--so it must
>
> Mmmh, that sounds vagelue familiair to me. At the time when our office had
> Palatino as the default font there were always some programs that refused
> to accept that font, although other software was able to find the font
> somewhere. If I'm right (but still quite ignorant about printers) most
> problems had to do with the fact that Palatino was a printer-specific
> softfont. Probably Acrobat is configured to automatically include the
> Palatino font and Stata isn't. What did your computer department people
> tell you about this?
>

> Ernest Berkhout
> SEO Amsterdam Economics
> University of Amsterdam