st: RE: Fonts and graph export

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Fonts and graph export
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:03:35 -0400

Hi Nick,
Page 106 of the Graphics manual says that you should be able to have spaces
in your font names if you enclose them in double quotes. This doesn't appear
to be entirely true. If you type font("Palatino-Linotype"), it'll work. In
addition, Palatino is one of the standard Postscript font families. Thus, if
you change your Stata syntax to font("Palatino") you'll also get what you
want.

I do not know all that much about TrueType vs. Postscript or fonts on
different platforms or what happens when you move between machines with
different installed fonts. There is a lot to know, I think. But here is a
list of the 35 standard Postscript fonts, grouped into families. I've had
good luck using these in EPS files with Ghostscript.

AvantGarde-Book
AvantGarde-BookOblique
AvantGarde-Demi
AvantGarde-DemiOblique