st: mean+ci plot: how to do a ciplot with bar representation of the mean

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mean+ci plot: how to do a ciplot with bar representation of the mean
Date   Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:48:21 +0200

Dear statalisters,

I would like to plot my data in a mean + confidence interval way (Stata 8).
This can be nicely done with -ciplot-.
My question:
I would prefer to have the mean represented by a bar instead of a dot,
starting from zero, just like this:

    ^
    |        ---
    |         |
    |         |
    |         |
    |     XXXX|XXXX
    |     XXXX|XXXX
    |     XXXX|XXXX
    |     XXXX|XXXX
    |     XXX---XXX
    |     XXXXXXXXX
    |     XXXXXXXXX
    |     XXXXXXXXX
    |     XXXXXXXXX
    |     XXXXXXXXX
    ---------------------->

Is it possible to draw such a graph in Stata 8?

Thanks a lot in advance,
best wishes,

Eva Poen

Eva Poen