Re: st: cosmetics vs statistics

From   Philippe Glaziou <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: cosmetics vs statistics
Date   Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:25:40 +0700

Christopher W. Ryan <[email protected]> wrote:
> what is stata(console)?

I am sorry, I should have mentioned that stata(console) is available
on Unix versions of Stata. Since MacOSX is based on Unix, it may be
possible that stata8(console) also exists for this operating
system.

Stata7(console) is stata in a terminal. Stata(console) runs in a
telnet or ssh session.  One can easily let stata(console) be
accessible from any computer connected to the internet. This is the
flavor that I use most often even when sitting at the machine where
it is installed, because it fires up almost instantly and it does not
need a window.

--
Philippe