st: Re: contemporaneous correlation in panel models

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: contemporaneous correlation in panel models
Date   Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:47:15 -0600

findit contemporaneous correlation, brings up xttest2

TITLE
      'XTTEST2': module to perform Breusch-Pagan LM test for cross-sectional
correlation in fixed effects model

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)

 xttest2 calculates the Breusch-Pagan statistic for cross-sectional
independence in the residuals of a fixed effect regression model or a GLS
model estimated from cross-section time-series data.  xtreg, fe estimates
this model assuming independence of the errors. A likely deviation from
independent errors in the context of  pooled cross-section time-series data
(or panel data) is likely to be  contemporaneous correlations across
cross-sectional units. These correlations  are those exploited by Zellner's
seemingly unrelated regression (SUR) estimator, and this test is provided by
sureg, corr in that context.

Scott