Re: st: Just and Pope Production model-What are the commands?

From   Kelvin Mulungu <kelvin.statalist@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Just and Pope Production model-What are the commands?
Date   Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:08:13 +0300

Sorry for the less informative question.

The Just and Pope (Just, R. E and R. D. Pope (1978). Stochastic
Specification of Production Function and Economic Implications.
Journal of Econometrics, 7(1978): 67-76) model am applying follows
closely with that which was used in Cabas et al 2010 (Cabas, J., A.
Weersink, and E. Olale (2010). Crop yield response to economic, site
and climatic variables. Climatic Change, 101:599–616) or by Isik and
Devadoss (Isik, M., and S. Devadoss (2006). An Analysis of the Impact
of Climate Change on Crop Yields and Yield Variability. Applied
Economics, 38:835-844.).

This production function allows the effect of an input or
environmental factor to have a different effect on yield and the
variability of yield as measured by the standard deviation. In the
second stage, it is the standard deviation of yield which is used as
the dependent variable to measure the effect on yield variability
while the first stage has just yield as the dependent. Am applying it
to a 31 year panel which is unbalanced.

Thanks.

--
Kelvin