Re: st: Adding a suffix to variables in a local macro

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: Adding a suffix to variables in a local macro
Date   Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:43:42 +0100

local commod2 : subinstr local commod " " "98 ", all

local commod3 : subinstr local commod2 "98" "99", all

Such trickery in this kind of context  is also documented at
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data-management/problems-with-reshape/
-- not that I expect anyone apart from me to know or remember that.

Search for "unab" in that FAQ.

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com