st: Adding a suffix to variables in a local macro

From   "G. Anderson" <>
Subject   st: Adding a suffix to variables in a local macro
Date   09 Jun 2013 17:37:49 +0100

I have a large list of variables, from which I have created a local macro:

local commod tea coffee sugar wheat I also have variables in my data set, which refer to specific years, so I have variables tea98, coffee98, sugar98, wheat98 etc

I would like to create a local macro referring to each year, so:

local commod98 tea98 coffee98 sugar98 wheat98

local commod99 tea99 coffee99 sugar99 wheat 99

Is there a way to do this, referring to local commod and adding the the suffix "98" "99" etc?

Many Thanks,