st: Problem with graphs in separate tabs (Windows)

From   Dirk Enzmann <>
Subject   st: Problem with graphs in separate tabs (Windows)
Date   Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:10:45 +0200

I wrote a program which creates a series of six graphs in separate tabs of the graph window.

The program runs without error and it is possible to catch a glimpse of the graphs as they are created, but when the job is finished the graph window's tabs only contain the last graph.

This behavior only occurs if I start the job from the do-file editor using the "execute (do):" button (i.e. "doing" the complete do-file). If, instead, I select only a part of the syntax to produce the six graphs (i.e. use "execute selection (do):") the graphs are created without problem.

Any idea? I tried to insert -sleep 1000- between the commands which should create the graphs without avail.

As to further details of the syntax and to replicate the behavior: Here is a link to get the syntax file (the syntax contains an additional link to "" which ultimately produces the graphs):

My Stata's "about":

Stata/SE 12.1 for Windows (64-bit x86-64)
Revision 20 Mar 2013

Dr. Dirk Enzmann
Institute of Criminal Sciences
Dept. of Criminology