Re: st: Interpretation of Two-sample t test with equal variances?

Subject   Re: st: Interpretation of Two-sample t test with equal variances?
Date   Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:28:53 -0400

Gwinyai Masukume <[email protected]>:

My own impression is that the first thing you should do is increase
the sample size a thousandfold. Such data are easy to come by in many
countries, and I would be surprised if you did not find age an
important predictor, though of course you should condition on other
maternal characteristics and characteristics of the place as well.

See e.g. Figure 1 and Table 5 in
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1694300/pdf/amjph00539-0107.pdf

 A low pseudo R^2 is not a concern, however.