Re: st: Bootstrapping question

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping question
Date   Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:18:03 -0500

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> I agree, but note the bottom line, namely that Henry's problem is
> about an ordinal variable with several proportions.

Yes, that's why I said that a multinomial analysis would be necessary,
but sometimes those end up becoming contrasts of binomials.

> As a minute point, Jeffreys' procedure has a frequentist
> interpretation as a continuity-corrected version of the so-called
> exact (Clopper-Pearson) confidence interval.

Yes, that's true, the same procedures can often be viewed from
different angles. I tend to think of Bayes methods as a convenient way
of imposing a roughness penalty on likelihoods.