Re: st: Bootstrapping question

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping question
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:03:33 +0000

For once, my line differs slightly from Maarten's.

The crunch is that nowhere did Henry state where his confidence
intervals come from. If they were based on inappropriate assumptions,
bootstrapping may do better. But if the confidence intervals one way
are wide, the expectation is of a similar story from -bootstrap-.

Nick