Re: st: Bootstrapping question

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping question
Date   Fri, 8 Feb 2013 14:11:24 +0000

I agree, but note the bottom line, namely that Henry's problem is
about an ordinal variable with several proportions.

As a minute point, Jeffreys' procedure has a frequentist
interpretation as a continuity-corrected version of the so-called
exact (Clopper-Pearson) confidence interval.

See -ssc type cij.hlp- and the embedded references. (-cij-, -ciji- and
-ciw-, -ciwi- on SSC were superseded when StataCorp added those
procedures to official -ci-, -cii- but the help files include some
details that never got into -ci- documentation.)