st: Creating a frequency table with multiple rows

From   "Meulemann Max" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Creating a frequency table with multiple rows
Date   Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:23:55 +0000

Im using Stata 12 and this questions has already been asked on statalist a while ago,

Can someone please recommend to me a way to create a frequency table
with multiple rows, one row per variable?

I've got survey data and many of the questions were typical 5-point
likert scales, where a particular question was asked of 6-12 different
subquestions. Each variable corresponds to a subquestion, and is
typically coded 1-5. I'd like to output the data like this:

      1     2    3     4    5      N
q2a   6    15   33    29   27   1459
q2b   2    26   48    20    4   1424

The solution for this was to use tabm which works fine for me personally in Stata, but I was wondering if someone has written any new programme to export the output to Word or Latex? I could not find anything so far.