Re: st: Ologit question

Subject   Re: st: Ologit question
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:47:54 -0400

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Anat (Manes) Tchetchik
<anatmanes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks,  I ran the Brant test of parallel regression assumption and it
> turned out insignif. (p>chi2=0.877) does it supprt the use of ologit?

Not if asymptotics themselves don't apply, though it's hard to say
here. The real problem is that you have a lot of IVs for your sample
size.

> Also- what is the main difference between the ologit and rologit? The
> data I have  actually refer to 3 groups of 50 observations each
> (cardiology, oncology and orthopedic) I currently used dummy vars. to
> control for this, maybe the ranked ordered logit is more appropriate?

-rologit- is for responses that are ranked. It fits the Plackett-Luce
model. This is used when a respondent has multiple objects and ranks
them, and would thereby be giving multiple responses. So if each
respondent were to be asked "what medical speciality do you intend to
study for? rank order them" then yes -rologit- is more applicable.

Jay