Re: st: Ologit question

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ologit question
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:59:55 -0400

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Anat (Manes) Tchetchik
<[email protected]> wrote:
> No,  I have no weighting term and havn't drop any case (I have 148 obs.)

Ah, from looking at your model you have a lot of variables for the
number of cases and asymptotic tests may be dubious even if they are
syntactically correct. Given that the thresholds are reasonably
symmetric you might want to try a few different merges of the
categories and use logit or even run linear regression with
bootstrapped standard errors. The distribution looks like it's
reasonably symmetric from the ologit cutpoints. Even if you intend to
keep the ologit model in the end, checking from a few different angles
won't hurt.