Re: st: Ologit question

From   "Anat (Manes) Tchetchik" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ologit question
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:17:36 +0200

Jay
one last question, I now realize that the dependent caterogical var.
I'm using, "Tier", is distributed as follows: (with only four cases
having the value 4).
Shell I drop these cases?

       Tier |      Freq.     Percent        Cum.
------------+-----------------------------------
          1 |         56       37.84       37.84
          2 |         58       39.19       77.03
          3 |         30       20.27       97.30
          4 |          4        2.70      100.00
------------+-----------------------------------
      Total |        148      100.00
Anat

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM, JVerkuilen (Gmail)
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Anat (Manes) Tchetchik
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks,  I ran the Brant test of parallel regression assumption and it
>> turned out insignif. (p>chi2=0.877) does it supprt the use of ologit?
>
> Not if asymptotics themselves don't apply, though it's hard to say
> here. The real problem is that you have a lot of IVs for your sample
> size.
>

>> Also- what is the main difference between the ologit and rologit? The
>> data I have  actually refer to 3 groups of 50 observations each
>> (cardiology, oncology and orthopedic) I currently used dummy vars. to
>> control for this, maybe the ranked ordered logit is more appropriate?
>
> -rologit- is for responses that are ranked. It fits the Plackett-Luce
> model. This is used when a respondent has multiple objects and ranks
> them, and would thereby be giving multiple responses. So if each
> respondent were to be asked "what medical speciality do you intend to
> study for? rank order them" then yes -rologit- is more applicable.
>
> Jay

Anat Tchetchik, PhD
Department of Hotel and Tourism Management
Guilford Glazer Faculty of Business and Management
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O.Box: 653
Beer-Sheva, Israel, 84105

E-mail:       [email protected]