st: Re: st. aweight

From   Rita Luk <Rita.Luk@camh.ca>
Subject   st: Re: st. aweight
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:44:34 +0000

Hi Jverkulien,

I am slow to pick up what you say. For example my data has a sample size of only 5  obs, with the sanmpling wt variable wtpp:

  caseid     wtpp
  1.     	   60.74
  2.  	 700.38
  3.    	139.64
  4.   	9671.57
  5.   	1545.32

Sum of wtpp= N= 12117.65

According to what you said, what does the analytical weight look like?   In addition to  being  normalized to sum to N, does the aweight need  to be integer?

Thank - Rita Luk