st: intreg with control for sample selection and endogeneity bias

From   "Francesco Pastore" <francesco.pastore@unina2.it>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: intreg with control for sample selection and endogeneity bias
Date   Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:02:40 +0100

Hi, All,
I would like to ask to the statalist the following question:

I am estimating a wage equation to see the impact of overeducation on
earnings of a sample of graduates observed 5 years after getting their
degree. The dependent variable is defined as an interval data: people are
asked to say to which class of earnings does their income belong to, rather
than a precise value. In this case, I should use the intreg command. One
problem is that these types of cross-section estimates are plagued by sample
selection and endogeneity bias. Does anybody know how to deal with it in the
contest of interval regressions? Is there any routine available in Stata?

Best regards
Francesco