Re: st: ordered logistic regression with endogenous variable

From   "Justina Fischer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ordered logistic regression with endogenous variable
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:50:50 +0200

Hi Austin,

I was always wondering whether the following two-step-procedure would be a feasible solution:

1) assuming a valid instrument at hand, run the auxiliary (first stage) regression by hand (OLS) and predict values of the instrumented

2) run the second stage regression with ologit, using the predicted values as independent variable, _but_ bootstrap standard errors ?

Or does the non-lineratity of the model pose a problem when using this approach?

Thx

Justina
-------- Original-Nachricht --------