Re: st: How to model data with cross-sectional dependent variable but panel explanatory variables

Subject   Re: st: How to model data with cross-sectional dependent variable but panel explanatory variables
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:44:37 -0400

Chao Wang <[email protected]>:
Number of decelerations over some time interval (e.g. last 10 days) is
a cross-sectional summary of a longitudinal series, so you have a
cross-sectional design where you can use many lags and differences of
X as predictors of current Y.  A "wide" dataset in the sense of
-reshape- might aid you in identifying clusters of predictors but a
"long" dataset will be easier for most computations, and for graphing
trajectories of X.