RE: st: Overcoming the 300 model estimate limit

From   Matthew Mroczek <m.mroczek@qut.edu.au>
Subject   RE: st: Overcoming the 300 model estimate limit
Date   Fri, 14 Sep 2012 00:53:59 +1000

Yes I have attempted to bring them back in with "estimates use number()" but nothing happens, as in there is no error but also no estimates.

and my bad I meant that I am am unable to estout, esttab etc those estimates.

Ideally I would just like to get all the regressions exported into excel

From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Brendan Halpin [brendan.halpin@ul.ie]
Sent: Friday, 14 September 2012 12:03 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Overcoming the 300 model estimate limit

On Thu, Sep 13 2012, Matthew Mroczek wrote:

> I have checked the stata folder and as the regressions are computed
> the results1.str file does keep growing larger but then the results
> are stuck in that file as I am unable to estimates use etc them back
> in.

Have you tried with the -number()- option?

>    number(#), used with estimates use, specifies that the #th set of
>        estimation results from filename be loaded.  This assumes that
>        multiple sets of estimation results have been saved in filename by
>        estimates save, append.  The default is number(1).

If you have, it might help to be more specific about how "I am unable to
estimates use etc them back in".

Brendan
--
Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147